1. What is the name of this game?
Mirror’s Edge 2D
2. What is the game’s genre?
3. Where on the Internet is this game located? (If possible, please include a hyperlink that points toward the game’s location.)
4. What are the primary and secondary objectives in this game?
Primary: Run and jump across urban rooftops avoiding obstacles and reaching the end
Secondary: Gathering all the different items in each level, including hard to find purses
5. What are the core mechanics in this game?
Timing your jumps and climbs properly, remembering where you’ve been and seeing paths to run that aren’t obvious. Mostly timing based
6. On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rank the game overall in terms of graphic design? After giving the rating, identify up to four adjectives that describe the game’s design aesthetic, and identify at least one similar media product.
Cartoon, abstract, colorful
7. What company or individual makes this game? Where are they based? What is their apparent strategy for monetizing the game?
The game is developed by Electronic Arts. The online game itself, while a full game experience, is not monetized. Rather, it is a marketing tool for the paid downloadable versions for multiple platforms.