1. What is the name of this game?
2. What is the game’s genre?
Timing-based click game
3. Where on the Internet is this game located? (If possible, please include a hyperlink that points toward the game’s location.)
4. What are the primary and secondary objectives in this game?
Primary: Take control of a gold miner who must properly time dropping his swinging hook to mine enough gold before the time runs out on each level.
Secondary: Getting enough money in each level to buy powerups between levels.
5. What are the core mechanics in this game?
A good eye for where the hook will travel. It swings back and forth, and the player must be able to determine when it is in line with the desired target, and click at exactly the right time.
6. On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rank the game overall in terms of graphic design? After giving the rating, identify up to four adjectives that describe the game’s design aesthetic, and identify at least one similar media product.
Simplistic, yellow, old
The game doesn’t look bad, but it’s not going to win any design awards. Even the chunks of gold use flat colors and all look the same. You could compare it to any number of mediocre-looking flash games online.
7. What company or individual makes this game? Where are they based? What is their apparent strategy for monetizing the game?
It was originally developed by GameRival, which appears to no longer exist. It’s a very old game, and it seems the original creators have disbanded. The game is freely available on dozens of flash game sites, so any advertising-based monetization at this point exists soley for the game’s hosts, not the developer.